Best Makeup Tips & Must Haves For The Summer

by - July 29, 2017


It’s summer and the sun is hotter than ever. So, I have created a list of products that will keep your makeup looking good in that suffocating 100-degree weather.



Blotting Paper


On account of my super oily skin blotting paper is a must, especially in the summer. Blotting paper absorbs all the oils on your skin, which in return reduces the shine on your forehead and T-zone. I use Palladio’s rice paper, because it does its job and leaves a nice matte finish, plus it’s super cheap.

Palladio Rice Paper ($4)



Primer


Primer is such a great multitasking product. It protects your skin from the harmful layers of makeup, creates a smoother canvas for your foundation, and helps your makeup last longer. There are so many good primers out there, so choosing one can be a struggle, but I continue to stick with the Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It’s oil free so I don’t have to worry about shine, and the silicone in the product creates that perfect finish for my makeup, without setting spray that is.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($36)



Setting Spray


Setting spray helps prevent any creasing or wearing away of your makeup, and because it’s the last step in a makeup routine, it’s the most important. Which is why I use the Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist. This is my newly found holy grail. Seriously, this is a product that everyone should try. It sets your makeup, keeping the shine down and leaving a nice matte finish. The SPF 50  added in the spray also protects your skin from the sun, and its rosemary scent smells absolutely amazing.

Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist ($30)



Waterproof Makeup


Most women use waterproof makeup when encountering anything that involves water. So using waterproof makeup in the summer is a great way to fight against the pools of sweat that can develop on your face. However, my main problem in the summer is mascara. Before, I would just avoid wearing mascara at all in the summer, because after a while of being in the sun I would start to look like a raccoon, which, lemme tell you, is not cute at all. So I started using Arrow Endure’s Water-Resistant Mascara, and now my raccoon eyes are no longer a problem.

Arrow Endure Water-Resistant Mascara ($18)



Voila! Putting all these products together make a flawless, sweat and oil free, face of makeup. Now you can stand out in the sun for as long as you want and not have to worry about a melting face!

You May Also Like

0 comments